Dermal fillers are a popular choice for those looking for a more youthful appearance. At Tamjidi Skin Institute, we offer many different dermal fillers for clients in Fairfax County, VA, Chevy Chase, MD, and the surrounding areas. In order to determine whether or not anti wrinkle fillers are right for you, the AAD provides the below facts:
It is imperative to be aware that injecting a filler is a medical procedure. When a filler is injected in a non-medical setting, your health may be placed at risk. In order to safeguard your health, make sure never to get a dermal filler at a:
- Non medical spa
- Someone’s home
It is recommended by the AAD that you visit a doctor with the requisite expertise to administer injecting fillers. The results that you will get can be attributed to the experience of the person who will be performing the procedure. Only a dermatologist has the necessary skill, knowledge, and experience to inject dermal fillers safely and effectively.
What to expect after a filler
Once you have a dermal filler injected, you may have a different experience than another patient. This is because the results vary depending on which filler the dermatologist uses, the area of the body that will be treated, and your past medical history.
Some guidelines of what to expect include:
- The majority of filler treatments last anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes and require at least one office visit.
- Prior to receiving the injections it may be helpful to have an anesthetic, ice, or a nerve block injection applied.
- Your dermatologist will inject the filler into the desired area and then provide several injections to guarantee the desired results.
- You may have a burning or stinging sensation while the filler is injected.
- Some fillers call for allergy testing to ensure there is no allergic reaction.
- If you require allergy testing, it is important to wait for the outcome of the test prior to getting the filler.
Schedule a consultation
Tamjidi Skin Institute offers a wide range of skin care treatments tailored to your unique needs. Contact Tamjidi Institute to schedule a consultation by calling us at (301) 652-4828. We look forward to providing the quality skin care you deserve.