Skin Care Steps to Follow
When it comes to taking care of your skin, you may be lost. There are so many different products and so many different services that can help you care for your skin, keep you looking young, and leave your skin healthy. However, it is hard to know which products and services actually work and which are just fads.
There are a few skincare tips that you should always follow that can help you keep your skin healthy and beautiful. No matter what the current fad is or what the popular products are, following these skincare tips can help you keep your skin looking and feeling great.
At Tamjidi Skin Institute in Vienna and Chevy Chase, we are skincare experts who offer a variety of services to help improve the health and appearance of your skin. We offer medical dermatology services and cosmetic dermatology services, as well as spa services. Whether you have a skin concern that you need to be treated, you want to minimize wrinkles, or you want to try a beneficial facial, we can help.
In this blog, we are going to give you some skincare tips that you should follow no matter what the current fad is. These skincare tasks can help you keep your skin clean, healthy, and beautiful.
Cleansing your skin is important to do daily. This is what rids your skin of dirt, pollutants, sweat, and makeup that can clog your pores and cause blemishes, dullness, and other skin issues. While it is ideal that you clean your skin morning and night, it is most important to wash your face every night to remove any impurities that you may have come in contact with throughout the day.
Finding the right cleanser is important too. You want your cleanser to clean your face without stripping it of any essential oils. Depending on the type of skin you have, you will want to use certain types of cleansers that cater to your skin and help it stay as healthy as possible. No matter which type of skin you have, one thing you should avoid is using an exfoliating scrub too often. These types of cleansers are good to use once a week.
Depending on your skin type, this is what you should look for in a cleanser:
- Dry or eczema-prone skin: Cream or lotion type cleansers are formulated with emollients, like shea butter, which can clean the skin while adding hydration.
- Oily or acne-prone: Foaming liquid cleansers can break down dirt and sebum that clogs pores and makes skin oily. This helps to remove excess oil and reduce acne.
- Sensitive: An oil-based or oil cleanser is great for sensitive skin. Oil absorbs oil, which allows for these types of products to clean the skin while being gentle on sensitive skin.
- All skin types: Micellar water is a great cleanser option for all skin types. This is a cleanser that contains molecules that attract oil and dirt to remove it without drying out your skin.
If you do not know what type of skin you have or what type of cleanser is best for you, be sure to contact Tamjidi Skin Institute. We can help determine the type of skin and the best products to use to cleanse it.
While you shouldn’t exfoliate your skin on a daily basis, it is important to do every so often to keep your skin healthy and feeling great. Exfoliator removes dead skin cells and built-up debris from the skin, helping it to look brighter and more radiant.
Exfoliating your skin regularly can help keep it looking and feeling amazing. When you let dead skin cells build up on your face, it can cause your skin to look dull. Exfoliators can help to brighten dull skin and make your skin glow. Try to add this to your routine once a week to see big changes in your skin.
Moisturizing is another important step in caring for your skin. When your skin dries out it can look dull and older. Hydrated skin looks and feels better. Moisturizing your skin helps in preventing water loss in the outer layers of your skin. As we age, our skin becomes less able to retain moisture, which can cause it to age faster.
You should use a moisturizer year-round, every day. Using a moisturizer is important no matter your skin type. Even those with oily skin can benefit from a moisturizer, it is important to use the right type though.
- Dry skin: A cream is an oil-based moisturizer that is heavier than lotion and can keep dry skin hydrated.
- Oily skin: Gel moisturizers are water-based, lightweight, and will absorb quickly.
- Sensitive skin: A balm type moisturizer is good for dry skin types but heavier than a cream.
- Normal or combination skin: A lotion moisturizer is a classic option that moisturizes more than a gel but absorbs well.
Moisturizing should be a part of your daily routine and even your nightly. There are special night creams that repair the skin to keep it looking as good as ever.
Protect Against The Sun
Sunscreen is another must when it comes to skincare. Sun can damage your skin, leaving you with sunspots, early signs of aging, and sagging skin. If you want to keep your skin looking as good as possible for as long as possible, add a sunscreen to your daily routine! You should wear sunscreen every day, all year long, even when it’s cloudy out.
With these four skincare tasks, you can keep your skin looking and feeling as healthy as possible. These steps are all important when it comes to skincare. If you have any skin concerns or want to enhance the look of your skin, be sure to schedule an appointment at Tamjidi Skin Institute in Chevy Chase or Vienna! Contact us today to learn more.